About Licensing

 Most states and agencies require individuals to be licensed to practice clinical Social Work. The requirements for licensing vary by state. You should contact your state licensing board for details. If you are already licensed in one state, you may be eligible to receive reciprocity or comity from another state. Again, you should contact the state licensing board for more information.


Also, be aware that to be eligible to sit for the Exam you must first apply to your state’s Social Work board.  Once you receive permission, you can schedule the Exam. This can take 4-8 weeks, so plan accordingly.


Copyright 2021 Independent Study, Inc. All rights reserved.

Sign Up for News & Updates